We challenge you to create your own version of the National Dance Day routine, in your own way! Get creative with the choreography, translating it to suit you: add your own style to it (ballroom, disco, tap, hip hop, kathak), simplify or make movements harder, turn it into a group piece with interesting formations, add your own choreography, film it in a creative way, in creative spaces – the possibilities are endless! American Dance Movement encourages you to celebrate dance in your own way.
Watch. Create. Share. Donate.
- WATCH and learn this years National Dance Day Routine
- CREATE your own version of the National Dance Day Routine and film it
- SHARE to all your social media platforms using #NationalDanceDay / #DanceMadeMeDoIt / #DanceWithADM and be sure to invite someone else to take on the #DanceMadeMeDoIt challenge.
- DONATE to increase access to dance in deserving communities across the nation
Don’t forget to nominate someone else to take the challenge in your video! You can even personalize your videos with text, drawings and emojis. Once complete you’ll be able to share it to all your social media platforms using #Dancemademedoit or save to your camera roll.
Can’t wait to see how many unique interpretations can be created from this year’s routine!
When can I start submitting my video?
As soon as the NDD video goes LIVE you can start. Check back soon for the release of the NDD video!
Do I have to wait to be challenged to create a video?
In the true spirit of National Dance Day, this challenge is for everyone to participate – so no need to wait to accept the challenge – just remember to pass it on.
How Else Can I Support?
Don’t forget that National Dance Day is a fundraising opportunity for American Dance Movement. By making a donation in support of NDD, or fundraising for the foundation at your NDD event, you are supporting our mission to provide greater access to dance in underserved communities throughout the year.
- If you’re posting your #DanceMadeMeDoIt challenge video, or have created an event on your Facebook Page supporting NDD, you can also fundraise for American Dance Movement by adding a “DONATE” button to FB posts
- Click HERE to make an online donation in honor of National Dance Day