- Information collected through the Site;
- Our intended use of this Information;
- How we share your Information;
- The choices we make available regarding communications you receive from us;
- Social networking and the voluntary disclosure of Personal Information in public forums;
- How network advertisers and analytic companies may collect and track your Usage Information; and
- Security measures designed to protect the loss or misuse of information under our control.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- Passive Collection of Non-Personal Information
- The Way We Use Personal Information, Demographic Information and Non-Personal Information
- How We Share Information
- Participating in Social Networking and Public Forums
- Linking to Third Party Web Sites
- Communications; Unsubscribe
- Analytics and Network Advertisers
- Data Security
- Children Younger than 13 Years
- Visitors Residing Outside The United States And Consent To Transfer</span>
- How To Contact Us
1. Information We Collect.
- Send-To-A-Friend. There may also be times when you submit information about someone else, such as when you wish to send them information or content from the Site. We use the information you provide about others (typically name and e-mail address) to fulfill your request and not for any other purpose.
- Collection of Information From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from various third parties. For example, our co-promoters or sponsors may provide us with information, including Personal Information, about users that choose to participate in a promotional opportunity the co-promoter or sponsor is offering in connection with us.
2. Passive Collection of Non-Personal Information. Whenever you visit or interact with the Site, DFF, our analytics providers, and similar third parties may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Site and content is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, and the preceding page views. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
- We also automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the Device you use to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access the Site.
- The technologies used on the Site to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, include:
- Cookies. A Cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Site. A Flash Cookie is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plugin that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. Cookies and Flash Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. If you choose to disable Cookies or Flash Cookies on your Device, some features of the Site may not function properly.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many e-mails sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
3. The Way We Use Personal Information, Demographic Information, and Non-Personal Information.
- Additionally, where you have submitted information to us through the Site via a “contact us” or other similar mechanism, we will not use the information submitted by you to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request unless you agree otherwise.
- Please note that in accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information that you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. You should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your Information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. Also, if you have made any public postings in any User Forums (defined in Section 5 below), these communications cannot generally be removed.
4. How We Share Information. We may disclose Information with third parties or nonaffiliated companies under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may use third party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of the Site, such as hosting or operating the Site, sending e-mail and/or other communications, providing data analysis, moderating submissions, and performing other administrative services. We may use third party traffic measurement services or other companies to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Site and how our visitors use the Site, and those third parties may also have access to or collect their own Usage Information, including Device Identifiers.
- Sale/Reorganization. We reserve the right to disclose and transfer Information about you (and you consent to such disclosure and transfer): (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Site, including any applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a restructuring, dissolution, reorganization, the sale of substantially all of DFF’s stock and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- Unlawful Access. Your Information may be disclosed to third parties (e.g., hackers) who unlawfully intercept or access Information or confidential transmissions.
- Promotions. If you choose to sign-up for a Promotion offered on the Site, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list. By entering a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, without limitation, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion.
- Advertisers. We may disclose Demographic Information and Usage Information, such as aggregate user data, to advertisers, business partners, and other third parties.
5. Participating in Social Networking and Public Forums. Our Site may offer fora, blogs, message boards, chat rooms, commentary, and other communication functionality that enable users and/or visitors to share content and information, including, without limitation, comments, photographs, artwork, and audio and/or video recordings (collectively, the “User Forums”). In certain instances, you may be required to log into your account on a third party application or feature in order to submit content to our User Forums. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out Personal Information on User Forums, that information can be collected and used by people you do not know.
- You may also choose to participate in third party applications accessible via the Site through which you post content or allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Personal Information. The third party may allow you to remove the application, in which case we will no longer collect information about you through that application, but we may retain the information previously collected. We may receive information about you if other users of third party applications give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections’” web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party web sites or interactive service. If you choose to “like” content on our Site or to otherwise post information from or via our Site to third party applications, that information will become public, and the third parties may have access to information about you and your use of our Site.
6. Linking to Third Party Web Sites. The Site may contain links to third party web sites, which may provide additional information, goods, services, and/or promotions. For example, you may encounter links from sponsors or partners, which may include DFF’s logo or other identifying marks as part of a co-branding arrangement. These third party web sites are owned and operated independently of DFF and may have their own separate privacy and data collection practices.
- DFF has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the actions or policies of these independent web sites and is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such web sites, even where DFF has entered into a co-branding agreement with the third party web site.
- In addition, DFF widgets or other DFF content may be included on web pages and web sites that are not associated with DFF and over which we have no control. These other web sites may send their own tracking mechanisms to your Device, and they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies.
9. Data Security. We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
10. Children Younger Than 13 Years. The Site is a general audience web site that does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children younger than 13 years of age (“Child” or “Children”). If you are a Child, please do not send any information about yourself to us. If we are notified that a Child has submitted Personal Information to us, we will delete that Child’s Personal Information.
11. Visitors Residing Outside The United States And Consent To Transfer. The Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada, or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site or providing us with any information, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
(Effective Date: June 4, 2011)